Parker~Aubrey~Jeremiah~Lily~Samuel~James

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Consider my Lily

Our little Lily seems to change so fast, I know more pics are past due :) So here are a few. The whole story of Lily's entrance into the world is after the pictures for anyone that wanted more details :)








First of all, Lily's birth was perfect. I mean it. Textbook perfect. Everything went just like the books say it should go. Secondly, or maybe firstly, this delivery was a miracle and answer to so many of my prayers. When Jeremiah was born I had to have an episiotomy, which didn't heal right, and I also had some birth trauma which resulted in me having surgery and my Dr. saying he didn't know if I would be able to deliver the rest of my babies vaginally. Here's Lily's story.
Lily was due on January 25th. At my last Dr. appt. we set up a date to be induced on January 20th. But our sweet girl just couldn't wait to come! The night of Jan 15th I started having regular contractions that would last for about 1/2 an hour and then stop. At about 6:30 in the morning they started up again, about 4 min. apart and kept on going. After an hour of this I showered, finished packing my bag, and woke Parker up to tell him I thought we should go in. We dropped Jeremiah off at grandma's house and off to the hospital we went! I really didn't think the hospital would keep me. I thought they would check me, monitor me for a little bit, and tell me to come back when the contractions were stronger or something. After all, it was still 9 days before my due date . . . So into triage we went. After checking me, they called the Dr. on call (my Dr. was out of town) and she said she wanted me to walk for an hour and see what happens. So in my lovely hospital gown, mind you, Parker and I took a stroll around and around and around the labor and delivery floor. When we got back, I was dilated to a 3 and was having stronger, more regular contractions. I still didn't really think they would keep me, so I was a bit surprised when the nurse said, "Well, you're staying." Surprised, but very excited!! After being hooked up to everything and started on pitocin, the contractions started coming harder, and then harder. When I was between a 4-5 I had a few super strong contractions and said, "Send in the anaesthesiologist!" There's nothing like that warm, numbing feeling going down your torso and legs, taking away all the pain . . . :) Shortly after that they broke my water, and about an hour later I was feeling a lot of pressure, so they checked me and said I was ready! In came the Dr. and Lily entered the world after 3 pushes! All the nurses and the Dr. said, "You made that look so easy!" Here's the answer to my prayers - no episiotomy, no tearing, no stitches, healthy, beautiful baby. Perfect. I couldn't believe it!
Lily weighed in at 6 lbs 13 oz. and 18 1/2 inches long. She was awake and alert from the time she was born, just like Jeremiah was. She was also very hungry, just like Jeremiah was. And she is perfect. In every way. Perfect.

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

She is SO BEAUTIFUL! And I'm so glad that you had a perfect delivery and everything went well. Can't wait to meet Lily in person and kiss those beautiful cheeks!

Janel Ruzzi said...

You're daughter is so cute! I am so glad to hear that your prayers were answered and the birthing process went so smoothly this time! Yeah!

Ceci and Steven said...

congrats Aubrey, she's so perfectly tiny and beautiful. Looks SO cuddly! I am enjoying reading all of the labor stories, since mine is soon to come...But I Understand not all of us can get that lucky, so I'm off to do some serious praying!! =)

Jess said...

I am so glad everything went so well! She is so cute-keep on with the pictures!

Fister Family said...

Aubrey, I haven't checked your blog for a while. That Lily is such a little dolly! She will love reading someday about how she was born and how much her mommy loved her little baby self. I wish so much that I could see her in person!

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

You are probably wondering why I deleted my comment- I looked at this post again and commented again, forgetting that I already had! Wow. My excuse is I'm tired :)