So I'm sitting here in a rare moment of solitude. Parker took Jeremiah with him running errands, and Lily is asleep. And I got to thinking about how much I love being a mom. Ever since I was a little girl, people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I would always say, "A mom!" Make no mistake, it's taken some major adjustments and getting used to, sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy, but at the end of the day nothing else matters but my family. Some of the things I love:
1. Little clothes in the laundry and fishing around for the baby socks.
2. Chubby baby cheeks - perfect for zerbits!
3. EVERYTHING is more exciting when you're with a 2 year old. I was visiting teaching and the lady's husband took the kids outside and told us later that they had seen a hummingbird and I got genuinely excited about it!
4. Baby lotion
5. Reading books together
6. Jeremiah learning the words to "Joy to the World" and "I am a Child of God" and "Happy Birthday"
7. Jeremiah saying, "Just a minute mommy". Hmmm where did he pick that up?
8. NOTHING beats a Lily smile
9. Watching Lily learn how to crawl
10. Lily's squeals of joy when I pick her up
11. Jeremiah saying, "Mommy, you love you me?"
12. Having the nurse at the doctor's office tell me Lily looks like a baby doll
13. A snuggled up on my shoulder snoozing Lily
14. Giving a kiss and magically the owie is all better
15. Snuggling with Jeremiah while we watch "Peep" on PBS
16. Putting a blanket on them after they're asleep and feeling more love than I ever thought I could and knowing that they're mine forever.
I feel so blessed to have my sweet babies. As all you moms out there know, there's nothing harder than, more frustrating, more rewarding, or better than being a mom.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And you are a wonderful mother! Parker, Jeremiah and Lily are SO blessed to have a beautiful, loving mother and wife!
So sweet! Lily and Jeremiah are very lucky to have you for a mom. You always wanted to be one - when I wanted to be an interior designer/ballerina/super model. I'm glad that both of us chose to be mommies:)
Post a Comment