Parker~Aubrey~Jeremiah~Lily~Samuel~James

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Hard to believe another year has gone by and we're full speed ahead on our way to Thanksgiving and Christmas! For Halloween, Jeremiah first wanted to be Thomas the train. Um, anyone know how to make that costume? Me neither. So I talked him into being a train conductor! Perfect! And my Lilybee of course would make a perfect fairy princess.

PART I: Our ward had the trunk-or-treat the Saturday before Halloween and it was a hit! There was tons of people, kids, costumes, and CANDY! Being in the same ward as your cousins is fun for a lot of reasons, one being you can trunk-or-treat with them! I love the "Anna-tude" :)



Parker and I got into the spirit of things and got a bit creative. Parker is a doctor (sending good vibes to all the med schools he applied to!!) And of course I am, as Jen said, "The Great Pumpkin" :)
First and last stop - the Ferre mobile where Parker, Kevin, and Isaac (who reached the fateful age of 12 and can no longer trick-or-treat) manned the vehicles and candy.

After asking Lily to say cheese like a billion times, this was what I got:
After we were through, Jeremiah and Lily sat down on the curb and checked out their stashes:
And were a lot nicer about sharing than I remember my sisters ever being with me :)

PART II: On actual Halloween day, we took the kids out to all the grandparents to trick-or-treat. This was not in an effort to secure more candy. I was thinking they would get maybe 3-4 more pieces.
But cuties like this are hard to only give one piece to! They both got a couple king size packs of M&Ms and candy bars!
In the car on the way out, I said, "Are you guys excited to go trick-or-treating?" Lily said, "Candy!" I said, "Yep, you'll get candy." And she put out both her hands and said, "LOTS candy!" She was right.
Lily was not feeling cooperative for the photo session. She just wanted to get on with business.


First stop, Great Grandma and Grandpa Waite:
Next up, Great Grandma and Grandpa Dixon:
At this point the battery in my camera died :( But we next went over to Grandma and Grandpa Dixon's house and got candy, a cute candy corn rice krispy treat, and then Grandma took the kids to a couple of her neighbor's for their last round of trick-or-treating. After they came back, they both helped grandma pass out the candy to the trick-or-treaters. (I think that was Jeremiah's favorite thing about Halloween). They had SO much fun and got WAY too much candy!!

2 comments:

The Ferre Family said...

Super cute Aubs, a.k.a. T.G.P....., I think Lily was born to wear a tutu -- I would give that cutie a king size bag of sugar too! jen

Fister Family said...

Oh man, I miss those cuties! Lily's legs are just squishable! Jer and Lily are much better sharers than we were on Halloween:) Can't wait to see the newest Dixon baby!!!