Finally!! After a lot of work and prayers and time, we are officially in the midst of medical school! Parker is 4 weeks away from finishing up his first semester at Midwestern University. At the beginning of the month they had a "White Coat Ceremony" where the first year medical students were given their first white dr. coat.
Some may think it may have been a cheesy thing, cause after all, they still have another 3 1/2 years before they earn the title of doctor. BUT, for me it was awesome! Why? For the same reason I appreciated Parker so much when I found him - because it's been what we've been working toward and hoping for and praying for for a LONG time.
So I will happily fill the role of the proud wife.
And Mom Dixon came too, to fill the role of the proud mama!! She was only here for a couple days, but they were filled with candy, caramel apples, oreos, P.F Changs, hugs, costumes, crafts, and fun for everyone! We love it when grandma comes :)
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aubrey I did check your blog! I just forgot to comment. Actually, I thought I did comment, something like, way to go Parker! I'm going to claim technical malfunctions. Or maybe just chronic communication breakdowns? Sniff, sniff, humbly grovel and beg forgiveness....
Love this. You two make us excited! When we start applying next year, I may have to ask about Midwestern!
Post a Comment