Parker~Aubrey~Jeremiah~Lily~Samuel~James

Thursday, September 18, 2014

James Paul Dixon

Baby #4, James Paul Dixon is here!  And has been for seven weeks . . . :)  Here's the story of how he made his grand appearance.  This is the last "belly shot" I took before I had James.  I think I was 36 or 37 weeks.

Since I have had all of my babies early, and Samuel was 2 weeks early, I thought for sure this guy would follow suit.  At my 37 week Dr. appt. I was dilated 3 cm, so I started feeling a bit like a ticking time bomb.  For the month of July Parker was living in Prescott, AZ doing his first rotation.   He was gone all week and would come home on the weekends.  My due date was August 7th, but again, I thought for sure I was going to have him early, and if he came 2 weeks early that would put us at July 23rd.  A little stressful thinking that I may go into labor with Parker 1 1/2 hrs away and alone at home with the kids. . .  So it was moms to the rescue!  Jana took Jeremiah to Georgia for two weeks which was so helpful!  Then my mom flew here on the 23rd.  Side story-I started having regular contractions about 2-3 min apart on the 23rd, so my friend picked mom up at the airport for me, we took the kids to my other friend's house, and went to the hospital.  False alarm, got sent home.  This continued, where almost every day I would have regular contractions and wonder if this was it?  After being sent home from the hospital a second time I vowed I would not be returning until I knew for sure I was in labor.  At my 38 week appt, I was still dilated to a 3, they stripped my membranes, and I set up a time to be induced.  I was so uncomfortable, Parker was going to be starting a new rotation and couldn't miss the first few days, and mom was needing to get back home to take care of grandma and grandpa Jensen.  However, with non-critical inductions its kind of just luck whether or not they have room and will call you.  But as fate, luck, answer to prayers would have it, on Friday morning, August 1st they called and said they had room!  We checked in around 12:30pm.  Here's the "before" picture.  Before they started the petocin, that is:

Then the fun started around 2:30pm when they got things going.  Here's the "during" picture.  After they started petocin, but before the epidural.  I was almost to a 6 when they gave me the epidural and then broke my water.  We had joked with the nurses and the doctor about how I had only pushed 2-3 times with the other deliveries and that this one would come flying out shortly after they broke my water.
Turns out, we were right.  They broke my water and about 1 1/2 hrs later, I was fully dilated and ready to push.  The doctor came in, they told me to push, and in one push, out he came!  There is absolutely nothing else I have ever experienced that compares to the feelings when my baby is born.  It is truly miraculous and amazing.  
Sweet baby James weighed in at 6lbs, 4 oz. at 9:20 pm, and was pink as could be!
Instant love.
The proud papa.


Oh, this baby is SO loved!  The kids could not wait to come to the hospital to see him!
Jeremiah has always been so gentle and loving with every baby we've had.  He's a great big brother.

Sammers was very excited to hold "baby James"(which is what he still calls him-always "baby James" never just James), but only wanted to hold him for about 15 seconds :)
Lily was so sweet with him.  She holds him just like she holds her baby dolls and is such a wonderful big sister and a great help to me!

The fab four!  Wait, I have 4 kids? ;)
So glad mom was here!  Another new grandbaby to cuddle :)  James makes #20 I believe.

First new family photo!



The next day we were homeward bound!  So tiny in his carseat :)
I have a lot more to post like Jeremiah's trip to Georgia, grandma Dixon's visit, his baby blessing, and grandpa Westover's visit.  But seeing as the only way this post got done was with me typing one-handed while nursing . . . it may be a little while before I can get caught up. :)  We sure do love our baby James!  He is a really good baby and is by leaps and bounds my best sleeper this early on.  He sleeps for 5-6 hours at night!  Then I feed him and he sleeps for another 2-3!  He is 7 weeks old and is starting to smile.  We all are completely enamored with this little guy.  We're so grateful he's in our family!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks for sharing the story! He is precious! We cannot wait to meet him ��

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

YAY!!!! I've been checking your blog often, hoping for baby updates! Congratulations my dear friend:) He is BEAUTIFUL.