On to February and March! Parker was gone for most of the month of February doing a rotation in Tuscon, but came home on the weekends. He finished his rotation right before his birthday and the kids and I were SO happy to have him home! Other than a mild case of shingles, I think the month went pretty well overall. The kids were so happy to see him that they kept following him around, even when he was exercising :)
This chubs looked especially dapper on this particular Sunday.
I took this picture because this is the happy face that greets me every time I open the car door to get him out :)
Mommy/James selfies.
Mom sent the kids a cute Valentine's Day package with new shirts for everyone! So we had to have a photo shoot of course!
I love, love, love when babies play with their toes. It is adorable.
And check out the lashes on this kid! All the kids get their gorgeous lashes from their daddy :)
And look who started eating baby food!
And sitting up all by himself!! February was a big month for James!
One evening we went to the park and played and enjoyed the beautiful weather. This is one of my favorite things to do as a family.
Jeremiah and Parker played catch with the football.
February 23rd was this guy's 32nd Birthday! This man is my everything. I'm so grateful he was born :)
And on Parker's Birthday, Miss Lily started her ballet class at the community center. It was really the cutest thing ever. She loved it and was definitely one of the best in her class.
This poor child was the victim of his big sister with a red marker (not washable) who decided it would be fun to draw glasses on him. . .
In March, the BYU lacrosse team had a tournament in Phoenix, so Hayden, Mom, Dad, and Hayden's newly returned home from her mission friend, Audrey, all came down! Audrey stayed at our house and it was really fun to get to know her! These are a few pics from the lacrosse games. Sam put everybody's hat on and looked like the peddler in the book, "Hats for Sale!"
It was so hot! And the sun was shining right in our faces the whole game. Thankfully we had brought an umbrella to make shade for baby James.
Check out Lily's stylin' shades :)
The weekend everyone was here, the girls went shopping, the boys went swimming at the hotel, and then Dad, Audrey, Parker and I got to go do a session at the temple. It was a really fun weekend that unfortunately came to a dramatic end when Hayden went to cut for a pass and ended up tearing his ACL. After going back to Provo and getting X-rays done it was decided that he would need to have surgery. He did, and is still working on a full recovery, but doesn't need crutches or a brace anymore.
Our next excitement was Jeremiah's school carnival! My favorite thing . . . But at least I was with my favorite people.
Snow cones all around! There were bouncy slides, games, and a cupcake walk. The kids had a great time.
It was also time to plant our garden! We bought some new soil to mix in there and planted sunflowers, tomatoes, cantaloupe, radishes, and peppers.
Jeremiah got a "Growing Great Geckos" award at the end of the trimester, so we went to cheer him on!
I'm not sure if I've mentioned it in past posts, but Lily did a preschool co-op this year with some of the kids in our ward. It was really fun for her, and it helped me out a ton, being busy with a new baby, to have something for her to do twice a week. For my last turn teaching, we had an Easter party with an Easter egg hunt of course! The kids had a lot of fun and were very cute looking all over for the eggs.
Two of the other moms in the group had babies right around the same time I had James, and I think they're so cute together!
March is apparently a great month for Jeremiah. His school did field day, so the kids and I went to watch him do his thing. He was having so much fun, it was cute to watch.
So I started playing stake women's volleyball with our ward. It was really a lot of fun! For one of our games we played with this awful, hard ball. After the game, I got in the car and my hand started really hurting and I could feel it swelling! I think i must have hit the ball wrong and did some damage because it hurt all the next day and then left this awesome bruise :)
February and March were really awesome months! Maybe just the end part of February, but March really was awesome! :)
2 comments:
Love it all! Except the volleyball bruise:( The first picture of Parker and the kids doing yoga together cracked me up! It's pretty much exactly what I picture your family doing when I think of you:) I also loved ballerina Lily, Sam's marker face, Jer's big award, Jer's face in the snowcone picture and especially Baby Jame's fat face in every picture he graced!Love you guys!
Ditto! Anna was sitting on my lap while I scrolled through, and every two seconds kept saying, "James! Oh James...." We miss you guys! jen
Post a Comment