And moving right along, we made it to December!
We went to see the Mesa temple Christmas lights. They were amazing!! (And yes, Jeremiah is wearing shorts. Welcome to Arizona).
It rained and the kids wanted to play outside in it with an umbrella. I love this Lily-girl.
Did you know that the tallest Christmas tree in the WHOLE country was in Anthem, AZ at the outlet malls? Who knew, right? We had to see this tree. It was tall, very tall. 110 ft tall.
It was awesome.
Finally, we ripped the last paper off of our paper chain, and drove back to Las Vegas for Christmas! This year was especially special because ALL of Parker's brothers and their families would be there. It was so much fun to see everyone and just sit and chat with my sisters. These three girls all wore their Christmas best to church and were very well coordinated without any prior planning, don't you think?
These two were trouble. Hopefully Samuel didn't teach Joshua too many mischevious things . . .
We had "decorate a sugar cookie" night with Grandma.
And the traditional Christmas Eve bowling!
Jeremiah LOVES bowling and provided much of the entertainment.
Lily got more strikes than I did. Unfortunately I came to the realization of the opposite truth to the saying "practice makes perfect". I was ridiculously rusty and considered myself an average bowler, not even breaking 100. Parker insists that I mention that he beat everybody.
A good time was had by all!
That night was the nativity re-enactment. Jeremiah was a cow.
This is the best picture I got of the whole crew. . .
Lily made a very beautiful and solemn Mary.
Again, it must be mentioned how much Samuel loves his grandma.
And then, a surprise visit from Santa! Jeremiah was a bit more willing to sit on his lap this time.
Samuel was not.
Christmas morning! Jeremiah came out and said, "I got everything I wanted!"
It's hard to believe, but this is the best picture I got of all of us in our matching jammies that mom made for us. How could we not have gotten a group picture?!
And oh yeah, Jeremiah got a Wii!! And MarioKart to go with it! Hours and hours of fun . . .
Cute Christmas baby.
I was a crocheting fool this year! I made a scarf for Emily and one for Marci. And I made a "beard beanie" for Austin and Chad.
Giving gifts really is better than receiving them. Especially when you give someone a beanie with a beard attached to it. Merry Christmas everyone!
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fun times girl! Looks like you're way ahead of me in catching up on your blogging :)! So glad that you could have a fun break. We miss you already! love, jen
How fun to peek in on your Christmas! I tried to picture you guys on Christmas Day, so it's fun to see what you were really doing. I'm glad that Jer had such a successful Christmas morning! The picture of him with Santa is a crack up. You can literally see the wheels in Jeremiah's mind turning all the time! Love the picture of Lily in the rain and of course any picture of baby Sam is adorable:) As far as the bearded beanie goes, I do have to say that I think Cortney wore it best!
Post a Comment