**Disclaimer: Marci - You may not want to view this post as it shows what I consider to be one of the ugliest patches of Arizona. This is NOT what the whole state looks like, nor what everyone's yards look like. Just mine :) **
Ever since we moved in (9 months ago!) I have had a very strong dislike towards our whole side yard in the front of the house. A big fat cactus, a tree that was definitely not intentionally planted there and has probably never been cared for, and the bushes. I've been wanting to take out those bushes for a while now, but when we got a letter from the HOA saying we needed to take care of our weeds (I get rid of all the little ones, so I think they must be referring to this area) it pushed me over the edge. I got out the hedge trimmers and went to town!
2 1/2 hrs later, all that remained were 3 stumps.
And to put a little damper on this bush destruction, about half-way through, a bird shot out of the bush like a bat out of . . . well, anyway. It almost gave me a heart attack. But that's not the sad part. As I was almost done, I looked down and saw a bunch of quail eggs! I totally destroyed their nest and scared their mama away! The guilt literally disrupted my sleep a couple nights ago. They're still there, and I still don't know what to do with them and I just keep hoping that maybe their mama will come back. . .
The bush remnants filled up a whole bunch of garbage bags! And no mom, Samuel did not run out into the street. He was very closely monitored and completely safe the whole time :)
Next up on my yard de-uglification list is that hideous tree. The only thing stopping me is lack of proper tools. But don't worry, I will find a way, and I will conquer this yard!!
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha, ha! You're hilarious! I don't mind if Arizona is ugly, I just won't tell Elisa:) Awesome job getting rid of your giant weed bush Aubs! Who needs men anyways?(Just kidding:)
Way to go Aubs Dawg! Just think what you could do with some power tools...Maybe you could talk PW into getting you a little chainsaw or a weedwhacker for your birthday! I guess sweating it out in a house with broken air conditioning can lead to desperate measures -- like 21/2 hours in the Arizona heat doing yardwork! Looks good! Just don't show your kids the Kratt brothers episode where Gourmand is trying to fry up the Platypus eggs. You might have some major tears over your cute little quail eggs. Sniff! And, I say, who needs Jillian? You've proven you can come up with your own strength conditioning workout! Love, jen
Post a Comment