Parker~Aubrey~Jeremiah~Lily~Samuel~James

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer's Here!

We made it!  Parker successfully finished his first year of medical school!  In desperate need of a break we headed up to Vegas.  We were all so excited to see grandma and grandpa, Jen and Kevin, and Kate and RJ and of course baby Emmett.  And this chunk-a-munk didn't disappoint! (**Jen, forgive me.  For some reason, I have no pictures of stuff we did with you guys!  I think I just figured I'd get them from you and your superior camera :)  Email me some, especially ones of the girls in their cute matchy outfits!)


One day we were there, Parker mowed the lawn.  He wore this big shady hat and Samuel was VERY interested in what he was doing.  A little while after Parker was finished, I saw Samuel put on the hat and go outside to check out that mower.
He looked so cute, he was cracking me up!  (Sorry, blogger squished all my pics from off my ipod.  So if we look a little bit chubby, we'll just blame it on that :)

As a super fun boy's trip, Jeremiah, Parker, and Dad Dixon went up to a cabin by Panguitch Lake in Utah for a couple days!




 They were VERY successful!  They caught 40-50 fish, but only brought home 12.
 Jeremiah learned valuable skills, like how to skip rocks.  He told me that Parker had taught him how to turn sideways and use his whole body to throw the rock.  Then he said, "And daddy also told me something else."  I said, "What was that?"  He said, "Don't touch the cactus!"  Hahaha
 Although they were only gone one night, I missed my boys!!  I was very happy to see their faces!
One of the big hits of this visit was putting the sprinkler under the trampoline and then jumping on it!  The kids LOVED this and had so much fun!
 Samuel was so funny, watching from the sidelines.
 (More squished ipod pictures)
 Other fun things we did included:  Bros playing the Wii,
 Lily getting her first hair cut!
 Walking the 5K with Jen & Kevin (ok, Kevin and Parker ran) on Memorial Day,
 Relaxing massages,
 and while the boys were gone, of course we needed a trip to Cafe Rio!

 Lily did swim lessons with Miss Sandy,
 Sam got in some good snuggle time with grandma,
 and found a little rock that he thought was the greatest treasure!
The day before we left, Grandpa and Grandma Dixon got to come home from Utah where grandpa had been recovering from a broken hip.  We were glad we got to see them before we left :)
 On the road again!

 And once we were home, it took about 4.3 seconds for the house to look like we never left :)  It also took Samuel about 4.3 seconds to get into the Desitin and smear it all over himself!  But just look at that face!  How could I possibly be mad at the cutest super hero ever?  This must be what Parker's mom felt like . . .
We had SUCH a great vacation!  Mom and Dad took such good care of us (as always!)  We love being able to see our Vegas family and can't wait to go back again in a few weeks to see Cameron, Emily, Eleanor, and new baby Miles!

1 comment:

The Ferre Family said...

Super Sam in the Desitin kills me every time! So fun to have you here! Can't wait until we can see you again! jen