Parker~Aubrey~Jeremiah~Lily~Samuel~James

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Christmas!!

Moving right along, we had a great Christmas!  We went to our ward Christmas party and notice not one child is crying in this picture with Santa?!  That's a first!

I had Scott and Lauren this year for Christmas, so I decided to make something for baby Clara.  I thought they turned out pretty cute, but they were more of a preemie size I think . . . I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever make them again.
Jeremiah had his Christmas - oops!  I mean "Winter Break" party that I helped with.  Here he is decorating a homemade sugar cookie with homemade frosting.  As I was carrying these things into the school, I remembered that we're not supposed to bring in homemade anything, it all has to be store bought.  Oh well!  I didn't say anything and neither did anyone else! :)
As is now tradition, we went to the Anthem Outlet mall to go see the tallest Christmas tree in the United States!  It was indeed very tall.

Sam wanted to wear this hat.  Isn't he so cute you want to squish him?!
Santa was at the outlets and we got our second picture with him with no cryers!
The day before Christmas Eve we were off to Las Vegas!  As a bonus we got to see Jen and Kevin and the kids before they left for California (unfortunately the flu had detained them).  On Christmas Eve we did the traditional Dixon soup dinner followed by the nativity reenactment.  This was a big year for Sam, he got to be the donkey!  I think only grandma could have persuaded him to put it on, and surprisingly he kept it on.  Jeremiah was Joseph and Lily was the lovely Mary.
Even a donkey needs their grandma sometimes.
Christmas morning was magical as it always is with little kids :)



I think his mouth is full of candy . . .
Everyone did quite well this year.  Jeremiah got some car tracks and new shoes.
Samuel got a basketball hoop.
Lily got a Minnie Mouse tent and a clip-clop princess castle.
It was a good day.
Samuel got a new bike and he was so excited about it!  He hopped right on and was off with a big smile on his face!
Parker and I think he looks like "Rocky" from chicken run when he pedals around.
Parker scored big this year!  He got 2 new suits and several nice shirts from our parents.
Our gift to our parents this year was a calendar of our family.  For the month of August I put the picture from my last post announcing our new baby due August 7th!  It was very fun to surprise everyone and watch their reactions.

Parker left the day after Christmas to get back to his studies, but me and the kids stayed for a few more days.  Grandma took us to the Enchanted Forest and the kids loved the carousel!
The train ride was lots of fun!  Until a part of the track broke and we had to get off :(  It was a little traumatic for Lily.  . .
We had a very fun Christmas with grandma and grandpa Dixon and uncle Hayden!  Then it was home again, home again, to get ready for not one, but two birthdays!

1 comment:

Adriana said...

The pictures are all so cute! We miss you guys! We need to figure out some way to see you all in person, as awesome as Facetime is :)