Parker~Aubrey~Jeremiah~Lily~Samuel~James

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Easter, Birthday, Mother's Day!

The day after we got back from Las Vegas, Parker's school had their annual Easter egg hunt/party for all the kids of the students.  The kids love this and were so excited to go!  They divided the hunts into age groups, and first up was Sam.  He had the major advantage of being one of the oldest kids in the 0-2 year old age group and he was all over it!


 Fruit snacks, rubber duckies, and more!
 Next up were Jeremiah and Lily in the 3-7 age group.  They both got tons of eggs even though their strategies varied.  Jeremiah's was the "run around like crazy and grab whatever I see".  Lily's was the "I'll stay close to dad and grab what's around me".


 Nice Jeremiah, nice.  Many eggs were found and much candy was consumed.  It was a success!
 Moving on . . . it was my 32nd Birthday and we celebrated in style!  I made not only a chocolate zucchini cake, but a sour cream peach pie!  Oh, they were both so yummy!  Hey, if a pregnant 32 year old lady can't have 2 desserts for her birthday, then who can?!  PS Jeremiah was the photographer and although this picture makes me want to say "Hercules, hercules!", it was the more flattering of the two :)
 No worries though, we had Sean, Andrea, Oliver, and baby Fay over to help us eat our treats!  I can't say Oliver and Fay were much help, but they are very cute!
 And here's a random picture of this adorable girl holding the first bounty from our garden!  Yes, that's a teeny tiny crookneck squash, but we grew it!
 I love May.  It's the month of my Bday AND Mother's Day.  I feel very loved in May.  This Mother's Day, the kids and Parker made me what have become our traditional buttermilk blueberry pancakes.  This recipe is from the ourbestbites website and they are the best. pancakes. ever.  Put that with some boiled eggs and fresh watermelon and strawberries - perfection!
 And this was the best of like 10 shots of me and the kids.  It'll have to do.
 I took these last two pics because for some reason I want to document what I really look like when I'm pregnant.  After I took them I almost deleted them.  But then I had a reality check.  This pregnancy I have exercised more regularly than any other and have eaten healthier but I have also gained the most weight . . . After being paranoid about how big I was getting from about 8 weeks on, it was at this point, looking at these pictures that I thought to myself, "You know what?  This is real.  This is what a woman who is 7 months pregnant with her fourth child looks like.  My beautiful Lily watches me.  Does she care at all about my size?  Nope. She's just so excited to have a new baby brother!  And so I'll keep exercising and eating healthy (for the most part, when it's not my Bday or mother's day, and really what's summer without Blue Bell ice cream?) but I'm not concerned with what the scale says anymore.  My body is making a miracle I can't wait to meet right now and if it needs to cling to every milligram of fat I consume to do it, then so be it!"  And there you have it, deep thoughts from Aubrey.


1 comment:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

I loved your deep thoughts:) They are 100% true and beautiful. And you look gorgeous (as always -- and that's truth, I promise I am not just saying it)! Thinking of you and your beautiful family!!