Parker~Aubrey~Jeremiah~Lily~Samuel~James

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeremiah!

Today is my little Jeremiah's 1st Birthday! We started off the day with a birthday song and some Mickey Mouse pancakes. Later we'll have a family get together with a puppy cake that Jeremiah can dig into! It sounds cliche, but I tell you this first year with Jeremiah has flown by so fast! Having Jeremiah come into my life has changed it dramatically! He has completely stolen my heart. People often say they experience a love like no other when they have a child, and I always thought that sounded nice, but now having felt it myself, as most deep feelings go, it's hard to put into words the love I feel for my "baby Jemiah". I think about him all the time, day and night. I drive Parker crazy almost every night asking, "Do you think the baby's warm enough?" or "Do you think the baby's too warm?" This little happy, blue-eyed, curious boy is my life. His happiness, well-being, education, and development of character are what I have chosen to devote my life to. I always knew I would enjoy motherhood, but I didn't know the depth of love and joy I would experience. I am eternally grateful for this little life I have been entrusted with.

I have seen other people do this on their blogs and I thought it was a cute idea, so here are some of the top 10 things I love about my Jeremiah:

10. From almost immediately after he was born, he has been a vigorous eater that loves his food!

9. He is a beautiful child. When he was born the nurses and the doctor even commented on how cute he was. We can't go anywhere without at least 2 people stopping me to tell me how cute Jeremiah is.

8. He looks like his dad. Sometimes the looks he gets look just like Parker! And at other times he looks just like me. He's also a trouble maker sometimes like his dad. It's so hard to punish him without laughing because he just looks at me with those big, blue eyes and flashes his biggest smile.

7. He is such a happy boy! In the morning when he wakes up, he sits up and starts talking to let us know he's awake. No crying. He plays with his toys while I work out and sometimes will come sit right next to me when I'm doing sit-ups or a floor exercise.

6. He loves to read books. His favorites are "Blue Hat, Green Hat" and "Moo, Baa, La, La, La" by Sandra Boynton. He laughs at the funny parts :)

5. He loves puppies. He laughs and laughs at Grandma Dixon's dog "Duke". One of his favorite toys is a puppy that barks when you pull the string.

4. He does a hilarious sad face with the bottom lip poking way out.

3. He has the cutest giggle in the world!

2. He completely loves and trusts his "mama" and "da". He gets so excited when Parker comes home!

1. Those eyes, that smile! He gives me kisses all the time and still likes to cuddle.
Here's Jeremiah January 10, 2008:

And Jeremiah now:

We love you Jeremiah!!!

7 comments:

Lindy Leigh said...

Happy Birthday Jeremiah!!! He is a doll!

I remember when you were a Laurel, you and I were driving somewhere and you told me that all you wanted in life was to get married and have children. You were meant to be a wife and mother...

Fister Family said...

Happy birthday Jeremiah!! I miss that little cutie boy! I hope the little birthday boy had a great time at Disneyland. I hope his parents liked it too:) Give that blue eyed baby a kiss from his Aunt Marci!

Pam said...

He is so cute! Tell him happy birthday from the Waltons.

I always knew you'd be an awesome mommy. It wouldn't surprise me if you ended up having a lot of children :)

The Pingel Family said...

What a cute post! And he is a very cute boy! Good luck on this next year. It just keeps getting better!

Jana said...

He's the cutest baby in the world!
Life wouldn't be the same without our little Mia moo!
Love and kisses,
G'ma

Page said...

How sweet! Time really does fly- he is turning into a little man already. Love the Disneyland picture!

Bethany said...

Happy birthday, Jeremiah! He is such a cute boy and it is so neat to read about your love of motherhood. You are a terrific mother, I know that for sure!