Here is the doggie cake that my sister-in-law Stefanie, and I made: (It turned out a lot cuter than I thought it would, thanks to Stef!) So I was all excited to see Jeremiah dig into it . . .
He wouldn't touch it. When I tried to give him a taste, he wouldn't eat it, and cried. So we cut off a piece, and put him in his highchair to see what he would do . . .

Here was the result:
Oh well, everyone else got to enjoy the cake, pumpkin pie, and cherry cobbler that Parker had made :) Even though we hit a couple bumps in the road, I will count this party as a success! Jeremiah did get much happier as the evening went on, and Parker and I had a great time chatting with everybody. Thank you to everybody who came and for all your fun presents!
5 comments:
Cute cake! We have 1:00 church too. Shouldn't that be illegal...or something to that effect? Well I guess if he didn't want his cake it left more for you right?
Sounds like a fun party! I could tell from the picture that Elizabeth was up on the present action:) The cake was adorable! Natalie did the same thing with her 1st b-day cake. She cried and cried when I stuck her hand in it. Maybe you were there. Ethan on the other hand, stood on the table and dug in to his cake:)That probably doesn't surprise you though.
Love it! If everything went off without a hitch it would be a very boring story don't you think? Bumps in the road (or birthday parties) make life more fun! He looked adorable and so did your cake!
So ... this is just a suggestion. But I think we need a post from Parker about the "month of love" (<-- said in a deep Barry White voice) ;-)
Ella was the same way! She would only lick the frosting from the cupcake but WOULD NOT eat any of the cake. Crazy, if you ask me. Maybe Jeremiah just wanted some cobbler instead.... :)
Post a Comment