Saturday, February 7, 2009
Rainy days and singing neighbors
So here I am listening to the rain outside my window (rare occasion in LV). The baby's asleep, Parker's asleep, and I feel like blogging! I would love to post some fun pictures I've taken of Jeremiah recently, but my computer has turned against me and refuses to upload, but really, I'm just happy that the internet is working. I know I had something intriguing and thought provoking to blog about, but for the life of me, I can't think of what it is. Does anyone else have the major memory loss caused by pregnancy, which never returns?? I thought maybe my memory would come back after I had Jeremiah. I have been sorely disappointed. Maybe now is a good time to tell you about our funny apt. It's nice enough, and for the past several months we haven't had neighbors next to us or underneath us on either side. About a month ago, we were in our room reading after putting the baby to bed, and we heard singing. It sounded like it was right outside our window, and I wondered if someone was being seranaded or if it was just some drunk people. I looked out the window and couldn't see anyone, and even went outside to look around. No one. Hmmm. . . Oh well, that was strange, didn't think about it again. Until the next night. Again, we hear singing. This goes on every night and we discover that it is always at precisely 9:00, not 8:59, not 9:05, 9:00 on the dot. Every night. We still don't know where it's coming from, but we think it must be a religious prayer or chant or something . . . Anybody know anything about musical practices of other religions?? Maybe someday we'll figure it out, but until then we have the comfort of knowing that even if our clocks stop working, we will always know when it is 9:00.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know what you are talking about! My brain also has lost its functioning power. It seems like it may come back a tiny bit but just in time to lose even more by the next child. Good Luck!
The bad news is that the lack of brains function multiplies with every child you have. Ha,ha! That is too funny about your neighbors. Pretty soon Jeremiah isn't going to be able to sleep at night without his weird chant! We had neighbors in Provo who swore at each other all the time really loudly, and smoked pot(which came through our vent). They weren't our favorite neighbors:)
I thought I set that hidden alarm clock to go off at 9am, not 9pm. Oh well! ;-) Good luck finding it.
~~~~~~~~~It's a ghost~~~~~
What were we talking about?
Post a Comment