Parker~Aubrey~Jeremiah~Lily~Samuel~James

Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's the classic story; boy meets girl at BYU, they fall in love and get engaged. The boy is my little brother Scott. The girl is Lauren. P.S. Lauren is from Mississippi! This of course means flying across the country to be there for their wedding :) Yes it was a lot of traveling in a short amount of time, but it was 110% worth it! I wouldn't have wanted to miss it for anything! I had so much fun with all my sisters and family and meeting Lauren's family. Here's how it all went down. Jen, Anna, Lily and I left our houses at 8:50 am Thursday morning and finally made our way to the hotel around 10:30pm. We rented a car in New Orleans and I was the "designated driver" :) We drove all around with Jen squeezed in between two carseats and Marci (7 months pregnant) as my navigator. The adventure begins! New Orleans wasn't too impressive landscape wise and was kind of stinky like a swamp, but Mississippi was beautiful! Coming from less than lovely Las Vegas, I was in awe all weekend long, amazed that this is what it looks like driving down the freeway! I was also astounded to learn that there were no sprinklers for the grass in all the parks & public places :) The downside I quickly learned is a little thing called humidity :) We visited the New Orleans capitol building and museum.

A bit breezy 27 stories up.





The night before the wedding, Lauren's super nice family wanted to give us an authentic Southern experience. We had a fun dinner complete with shrimp gumbo, jumbalaya, and king cake. There was even a program of musical numbers :)
The happy and adorable couple: We love Lauren!! Great job Scott!

Here's how Scott spent the night before his wedding: :)

And at last, the big day! It was beautiful (humid as could be!!) but beautiful. The wedding was so beautiful and it was so neat to be in the temple with my family. Yes, I cried :)
Lauren's parents are such nice, kind, genuine, fun people.




After the wedding it was time for a quick change and then a 2 1/2 hour drive to Hattiesburg, MS for the reception. It was on the campus of the University of Southern Mississippi and was beautiful!












And they're off! As soon as they drove away in true Southern style, a thunder storm came pouring down!

Clean up time!

It was a wonderful weekend and I am so happy for Scott and Lauren! She fits our family perfectly and we are so lucky to have her! I love being with my sisters and parents and all of my family. I have been smiling the whole time while writing this post just remembering all the fun times we had. Now off to the CA reception next week!! :)

2 comments:

Fister Family said...

I loved reading your post and seeing the pictures you got Aubs! The trip really was so much fun! We should do it again next year for Austin - ha, ha:) I miss all those adorable baby girls. Can't wait to see y'all in 5 days!!

p.s.- I'm glad you got a picture of the Mitsubishi:)

Jess said...

I am so glad you posted all these pictures! I wish I could have been at the reception! Looks like it was so fun!